Re: GNOME colors

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 12:25:44AM -0800, Michael Bernstein wrote:
> Joakim Ziegler wrote:

>> It's difficult to brand something this large and diverse. I'm hoping we can
>> succeed by being fairly abstract in our approach. Possibly, we'll just have
>> to say "this is what we want GNOME to be associated with", instead of "what
>> is it people associate GNOME with?", because people's perceptions at the
>> moment are very varied.

> Has anyone on the 'GNOME marketing commitee' ever created a
> positioning statement for GNOME?

Not as far as I know. At least not as such. I think the information exists,
and the answers to the questions are likely very similar wihtin at least the
core community. Actually, a lot of them are answered in places such as the
foundation charter.

However, it's a good idea to have one. I don't feel that we have the mandate
to create one, though, but it might be worthwhile to raise the issue with the
board.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim helixcode com - Radagast IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer