Re: Correct specification of fonts

Maybe not using pixels or points but the non-specific sizes that CSS provides is somewhat "cleaner" (http://www.eskimo.com/%7Ebloo/indexdot/css/properties/font/fontsize.htm).

Of course, it is still a question if we should use "medium", "small", or "x-small". In my personal experience, many developing only for Windows are using "xx-small" but that is completely unreadable on Linux with default settings. "x-small" or "small" are readable though.
"medium" is probably too big.

Christian

Fred Oliveira (aka kript0n) wrote:

Aren't cascading stylesheets used for fonts, colors, etc, stored in a
separate file ?
Shouldn't use <font>  tag at all, only CSS.

Of course we should use CSS. But thats not actually the point at this
moment. The point is choosing an acceptable font that displays nicely on
every OS and browser. So don't actually worry much about <font> tags
because they probably won't exist.