Re: GNOME comp

Fred Oliveira (aka kript0n) wrote:

Even though some new systems do have True Type fonts
<...>
In my oppinion (and also considering fonts), i think 8pt fonts are a good
size for such a web page because they are not too small, but also not big
at all, and do fit any resolution nicely from 640x480 to 1900... I'd like
to know what you guys think about this size. (Note that this is the
equivalent to font size 1)

_Please_ do not spec some tiny size font (like 8 point)!
Fonts to small to read are one of the first complaints I hear about surfing with Linux.

Sure spec-ing a font size can make page lay out pleasing to look at. But it is more importaint that our customers are able to read the page. Leave font size out of the css or the pages markup; all font size will do is cause grief, so many system display font sizes differently that font size is a bad can of rotten worms we can do with out.

Dennis

I installed an RH6.2 distrib about 6 months that has Arial.  Arials been
around
along time, i think we can expect users have it.
i'm sure someone can prove me wrong though :)

The equivalent of Arial in Unix and Mac machines would be Helvetica.
So I would propose to use <font face="Arial, Helvetica">