RE: Correct specification of fonts

Why do we have to find a font that displays nicely on each browser.  Why not
have browser detect code that will deliver the correct CSS to each browser?
This will be important to make the page accessible by lynx, IE3,IE$, NN4 and
such.  Then have a generic CCS1-2 for IE5.x, NN6.x, Opera

Basically, the pages would be usable by older browsers, but might not look
the best.  This does not include the front page, which needs to look
consistent in each browser.  Once you get away from the front page and into
the content, accessibility is more important than consistent appearance as
long as the appearance is readable.

Greg