GVFS and icon lookup

Alex, I think that you still have to implement it, and I didn't read all
GIO related messages on list, but do you think could be a good idea to
provide "generic icon fallback" as described in Icon naming spec?

        The dash “-” character is used to separate levels of specificity
        in icon names, for all contexts other than MimeTypes. For
        instance, we use “input-mouse” as the generic item for all mouse
        devices, and we use “input-mouse-usb” for a USB mouse device.
        However, if the more specific item does not exist in the current
        theme, and does exist in a parent theme, the generic icon from
        the current theme is preferred, in order to keep consistent
        style.
        <http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/latest/ar01s03.html>

This is yet in GTK+ (see resolved bug 396901), but it could be useful
for GIO too, at least if you are planning to use icon management in
GIO/GVFS to check, for example, the kind of disc you are reading (CDR,
CDRW, DVD...) and display the proper icon if available
(media-optical-cdr, media-optical-cdrw, media-optical-dvd..) or MIME
types.

Or maybe, GIO/GVFS will only provide the icon name, and GTK+ will fetch
the proper icon?