Re: CD images without .iso extension

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 23:04 -0400, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to know why libgnome-vfs doesn't consider a file with a
> non-.iso extension as a ISO 9660 image. I saw this code in gnomebaker
> application:
>
>     /* GnomeVFS fails to correctly identify a CD image if the extension
>  * is no .iso, so we'll offer the user to burn it anyway
>         When gnomevfs is fixed, we'll go back to the previous code.
>         gnomebaker_show_msg_dlg(NULL, GTK_MESSAGE_INFO, GTK_BUTTONS_OK,
> GTK_BUTTONS_NONE,
>         _("The file you have selected is not a cd image. Please select a
> cd image to burn."));*/
>
> I would like to make gnomebaker work with .raw files. I took a look in
> the gnome-vfs2-2.14.2 sources (Debian package) but I could not find
> anything about iso 9660 file extensions.

Mime information is in the shared-mime-info package.

> Here are the questions: does the comments in gnomebaker source make
> sense? Is it possible to make libgnomevfs work with cue/toc/raw/etc
> file extensions just checking their internal bytes instead of their file
> names?

That should be possible, yes. Given the right mime magic information in
shared-mime-info.

He's a hate-fuelled pirate Green Beret whom everyone believes is mad. She's a
strong-willed out-of-work snake charmer from a different time and place. They
fight crime!