Hint API

hi,

I wonder if something like this could be included in the gnomevfs-ng. We're
using the gnomevfs for http-streaming and also for normal file access
(playing media). In both cases we mainly access file sequentialy. For local
files one could use madvise() to set hint about the sequential access.
Likewise for the streaming from http there exists (some controversial)
setsockopt() for wifi devices that hints about the streaming case (for
power management).

I don't have any other use cases yet. What are you thinking about it?

Stefan