Are there plans to support libcdio for CDDA support in gnome-vfs?

Here at Sun we recently added libcdio to our OpenSolaris distribution
and we really like how it works with GStreamer.  We were easily able
to get sound-juicer working with it to support CD ripping on Solaris.

However, I notice that gnome-vfs depends on libparanoia for CDDA support
in order for CD playback functionality to work in totem, rhythmbox, and
nautilus.

Are there any plans to make gnome-vfs also support libcdio so that CD
playback and gnome-vfs CDDA support can work on platforms like Solaris
that do not support libparanoia?

I'm also curious about CDDA support in gnome-vfs in general.  According
to the configure script it says:

AC_ARG_ENABLE(cdda,
[  --enable-cdda                Enable cdda module (not recommended)],

Why is this "not recommended"?  It seems that most distros turn this
feature on so that CD playback works with totem and rhythmbox.

Just curious if there are any plans.

Brian