Re: GNOME-VFS module for iRiver iFP players

Am Mittwoch, den 11.05.2005, 09:27 -0700 schrieb Sriram Ramkrishna:
> On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 06:54:55PM +0200, Alexander Brausewetter wrote:
> > I have been developing a GNOME-VFS module for iRiver's iFP [1] OGG/MP3
> > player series.

> Yeah, I'm writing one too (and have been for 6 months with not a
> lot of progress)
>
> Old version of libiriver had a gnome-vfs module, are you looking at
> that for the code?

No, I've written one from scratch. Had a bit trouble since the iFPs do
not support parallel I/O but got around it. My modul is nearly finished,
only rmdir, mkdir are missing but I will add them through this week.

File read/write/create is working without problems.

> I'm not doing that at all.  So far, I've got some
> parts of it working already, but I've decided to refactor the code
> because my current solution doesn't do a good job of locking the USB
> device which needs to be done due to the threaded nature of nautilus.

My modul does strikt locking on every I/O op. Otherwise the device would
lock up.

> I'd use something like arch or something so that people can pull your
> code and look at it.  Just a thought.

When I get CVS space I'm open for other contributors. I think I will
apply at <accounts gnome org>.

My next step would be an extension for gnome-volume-manager so the
device will be automounted.

Alex