Re: Adding new functionality to the VFS

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 21:20 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> I'm unsure what problem you are trying to solve here. Is that about
> pluggable devices which can't be mounted using mount(8) because they
> aren't seen by the computer as an USB Mass Storage device or something
> similar?

Exactly. A PDA is not a storage device, it's a computer. It doesn't seem
correct, however, to refer to it as a "server" -- when it's plugged it's
only a feet or so from the desktop. Even though it may be technically
correct, I find it counter-intuitive (for example, the Places menu puts
it in the servers section, rather than the volumes section).

--
Yaron Tausky <decaycell gmail com>