Re: webdav and file overwriting

Hi Eric,

this problem is known, although not a problem of the webdav
implementation itself. The gnome_vfs_xfer (or gnome_vfs_async_xfer) is
the function to blame here! These general gnome-vfs function is used by
nautilus (and others) to transfer files, and this function will delete
the target file before replacing it with the new one.
Maybe we can fix that problem there, although is function is very
critical, so modifications to it must be done very carefully to not
break nautilus!

I hope I could help you here and of course always feel free to contact
me it you have any questions regarding the webdav module (or if you find
bugs ;)

Cheers,
Christian