Re: The status of Freedesktop.org MIME support?

> > Yeah, that's something I would have expected.
>
> Will this change in the future? In my opinion it is unacceptable to
> expect users to restart Nautilus every time an app has installed a new
> MIME type.

yep, it would be really nice if that changed...

> I fiddled with the priority number but there is *no way* to override
> gnome-vfs-mime-magic.

Are you sure it's really using gnome-vfs-mime-magic. Maybe the problem
is that when gnome-vfs guesses a mime type by looking at a filename,
it's properly using your user customization, but when it's sniffing a
file, it fails to look at user modifications to the db, and falls back
to the db in /usr/share/mime ?

Christophe