Re: problem with x-directory/nfs-server, x-directory/nfs-mount mime types

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 08:30, Narayana Pattipati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using nfs method (Ximian re-written) and having problems while
> opening nfs servers and mounts. I got the error "There is no action
> associated with "nfs://......."" and was given an option to associate an
> application. After associating these mime types with "nautilus icon
> view", I could browse through the contents of nfs://.
>
> Got the following warnings when I try to open the nfs locations.
> ** (nautilus:16906): WARNING **: No description found for mime type
> "x-directory/nfs-server" (file is "10.114.8.189"), please tell the
> gnome-vfs mailing list.
>
> ** (nautilus:16906): WARNING **: No description found for mime type
> "x-directory/nfs-mount" (file is "home1"), please tell the gnome-vfs
> mailing list.
>
> Is it because, gnome-vfs.keys files does not have descriptions added for
> x-directory/nfs-server and x-directory/nfs-mount mime types ? Should I
> add the descriptions for these mime types, so that I don't need to
> explicitly associate an application with them? I want to associate icon
> view and list view with these mime types, by default.

You're not supposed to associate them with an app, that would mean we
launch a new nautilus every time you click on the directory. Instead you
have to change the server files for the directory view components to
list the mimetypes.