Re: Gnome VFS - plans for Gnome 2.8

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 21:41, Dan Winship wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 13:09, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > In fact, from a quick look at libsoup it seems to have the same problems
> > that all other non-neon libraries i've looked at had wrt gnome-vfs use.
> > Its mainly built for async use, and it uses an "get whole file, with
> > callbacks when you get data blocks" style of operation while gnome-vfs
> > needs more of a "request block of data" style of API (like the posix
> > read()/write() calls).
>
> This would not be difficult to implement. It's just a matter of having
> the main I/O code return after each read/write rather than looping until
> it's done (and adding some new API to take advantage of that).

Its also not difficult to use an existing, well tested library (neon),
that we in fact already have an almost finished gnome-vfs backend
already written for, and that we know has the API needed to implement
all the needed features.

He's a bookish vegetarian boxer gone bad. She's a sharp-shooting red-headed
college professor who hides her beauty behind a pair of thick-framed
spectacles. They fight crime!