Re: sftp module cant connect to new hosts
- From: Mattias Eriksson <snaggen acc umu se>
- To: Seth Nickell <seth gnome org>
- Cc: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, gnome-vfs-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: sftp module cant connect to new hosts
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:58:56 +0100
mån 2004-03-15 klockan 23.03 skrev Seth Nickell:
> ssh is just a tool for us. We wanted a way to allow people to transfer
> things between any two Linux computers. ssh provided a way. We are not
> obligated to "buy into" ssh philosophy to use the tool. Think of the
> sftp modules as being "a way to transfer files between two linux
> computers", not "an ssh implementation" ;-)
Why then use sftp? It has alot overhead which gives it poor performance
compared to http and ftp?
If you don't care about security you should use ftp or http!
I don't think everything need to be secure, but there is no reason to
remove security from sftp when ordinary ftp exists for insecure use.
] [Thread Prev