Re: sftp module cant connect to new hosts

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 14:59, Mattias Eriksson wrote:
> Hi, I was looking at the sftp module because I had some trouble
> connecting to a host. I then connected manually and realized I have
> never connected to that host before so I had to accept the host-key.
> When I looked at the code to fix the problem I can't find a easy way to
> do it. I have looked at the callback mechanisms, but the standard
> callbacks are for authentication and status from what I can see. If I
> define a new callback I have to patch nautilus to handle that.
> But before I go through to much trouble I want to hear if the callback
> mechanism might be used as I think for general ask-user dialogs. I guess
> the pointer to the in-argument can point to a struct that contains the
> message and the options, then in return in the out-argument you just get
> which argument the user selected.
> Another thing if I patch gnome-vfs to create a new standard callback,
> where should the general code to handle this in gnome be? libgnomeui?
>
> So is this a possible solution or am I running in the wrong direction?

Its probably right. We don't want a bazillion different callbacks in
gnome-vfs, but in this case its probably right. It should be a generic
callback that can be used by other backends with similar issues though.

The default gnome implementation goes in libgnomeui with the other auth
callback dialogs.

He's a notorious devious filmmaker gone bad. She's a transdimensional
out-of-work pearl diver prone to fits of savage, blood-crazed rage. They fight
crime!