Re: gnome-vfs HAL patch, take 3

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 14:00 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> This is not quite true. Any globally linked shared library gives a
> performance penalty on symbol lookups, since you have to look up in the
> symbol table for that library too.

Well yes, but for libraries loaded quite deep down in the tree their
symbols will be checked last (as far as I know), so it theoretically
shouldn't impact too much stuff. Modern systems are prelinked these days
as well, so I'd humbly suggest you do whatever makes your lives easiest
and the code cleanest :)