Re: gnome-vfs HAL patch, take 3

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:39:15 +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Dunno, I suspect that it would affect the footprint of each app
> linkning with libgnomevfs? It also drags in libdbus, btw.

Only if the library is actually used. If not it'll never be paged into
disk and as it's all C most of the function relocs are lazy anyway. I
wouldn't worry about the overhead of large library trees, you only have to
start worrying once they are all being used at once :)

Also remember if that once one app is using libdbus/hal you already paid
the price of loading it into memory, so might as well go ahead and use it ...

thanks -mike