Re: Webdav and url-encoding

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 05:13, Walter Landry wrote:
> Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm commsecure com au> wrote:
> > Now, I have not looked at the gnome-vfs code yet to see where the right
> > spot to fix this is, but the solution to avoid spitting out the warnings
> > (which serve no purpose here, since they cannot be fixed by client
> > systems), is to call xmlPedanticParserDefault(0) before processing these
> > fragments.
>
> If I call that function before I call the gnome-vfs code, I still get
> the warnings.  Looking through the libxml2 code, it looks like the
> pedantic check doesn't affect this warning (although it does affect
> other warnings).  I also didn't have any luck using the glib logging
> facilities.  Any other ideas on how to get rid of these warnings?  I
> would rather not have to redirect stderr.

No, I don't think you can get rid of those warnings at the moment. The
problem is one of conflicting specs: libxml2 tries to follow a certain
group of specifications, under which DAV: is not a valid namespace (as I
understand it). So it will always give a warning.

I'm not really sure what the solution is here. Maybe you can try to
convince Daniel Veillard that libxml2 could have a xmlUsingWebDav() call
or something to disable that particular warning, but he is usually
reluctant to put in exceptions for things like that that break the
specification (and I agree with him).

Malcolm