Re: Webdav and url-encoding

Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 00:15, Walter Landry wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am trying to get gnome-vfs to list a directory on a
> > webdav-enabled server.  The url is
> >
> >   http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/{archive}
> >
> > If I just use that as the url, it fails, giving me errors like
> >
> >   PROPFIND:2: parser warning : xmlns:D: 'DAV:' is not a valid URI
> >   <D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:">
> >                                ^
> >   PROPFIND:3: parser warning : xmlns:lp0: 'DAV:' is not a valid URI
> >   <D:response xmlns:lp0="DAV:" xmlns:lp1="http://apache.org/dav/props/"; xmlns:i0="
> >
> > That is odd, but if I url-encode the brackets "{" and "}" by looking at
> >
> >   http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/%7barchive%7d
>
> Yeah. All uris you feed into gnome-vfs need to be escaped.

Do you have any idea why it gives me warnings?  Would that be a
server-side issue, or a gnome-vfs issue?  Also, is there a way to turn
off the warnings?

<snip broken server stuff>

Thanks.  I think that I am going to have to deal with these broken
servers, so I'll just write my own version of
gnome_vfs_escape_host_and_path_string.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry ucsd edu