Re: Opening aarchives as virtual folders.

yep, if you use an uri like
file:///home/user/somefile.tar.gz#gzip:#tar:/ things should work (if you
want to experiment with that, use the test-directory program which comes
with gnome-vfs source - you need to use an absolute path with
test-directory if you don't wat to get a segfault). Typing such an uri
in Nautilus is supposed to work, but there are a few issues, the main
one to be aware of is that you can't browse the root directory of the
archive that way, so your uri needs to end with #gzip:#tar:/some/dir.

Well I havnt been able to test it as everything I try with the test programs fail so I'll have ot take your word for it ;) (ill try again later)

Basicly, my program needs to be able to search through a bunch of files for certian information (very simmilar to a regular find program). Yet, my program needs to have the 'theoretical' ability of searching in 'virtal folders' of archives. (theoretical meaning not that it HAS too, but this is somthing that I would really like to expand to...) Also, I dont want to hardcore into my program what mimetypes have plugins, and so forth.

There dosnt really seem to be a flexible way to do this currently... :/

Thanks for your time!