Re: Opening aarchives as virtual folders.

On Sat, 3 May 2003, dani brody wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to use a virtual file system in a little project of mine as I
> am looking for an ability to open archives as virtual folders.
> I recall being able to do this in nautilus in gnome 1.x, but cant seem to
> now.
> So basicly:
> 1) Is it possible to open archives as virtual folders in gnome-vfs
> programatically?
> 2) How would such a thing be done, and how hard would itbe to extend it for
> iso's etc.. (or are there already plugins for that?)
> 3) Is it possible to do this in nautilus?

This is sort of half-way implemented, but isn't reliable at the moment. It
also currently needs you to "know" how such uris are constructed.

I hope that this will be better in the future.

He's a globe-trotting misogynist waffle chef who dotes on his loving old ma.
She's a manipulative foul-mouthed wrestler on the trail of a serial killer.
They fight crime!