gnome-vfsmm started

In gnomemm/gnome-vfsmm in gnome's cvs you can now find the build skeleton
and a few .h/.cc and .hg/.ccg files for gnome-vfsmm.

My time is limited so I would really like it if other people started to hack
on this, improving the stuff that I've thrown together quickly and/or adding
new wrappers. We should aim to create some simple examples that build and
run - so it would make sense to find some C examples to port.

gnome-vfs doesn't seem to have much similarity to other GTK+ or GNOME
libraries, but gtkmm has macros for wrapping simple structs, both
reference-counted and non reference-counted. So far I have noticed these
issues:

- gnome-vfs doesn't register it's enums as gtypes so our _WRAP_ENUM()
doesn't work.
  Maybe we can fix gnome-vfs without breaking its API.
- I have wrapped some macros, but they don't implement operator==. I think
we have an extra gtkmmproc macro
  for this, but I haven't taken the time to find it by looking at similar
wrappers in gtkmm and gnomemm.
- Some of the headers in gnome-vfs/libgnomevfs (such as the
gnome-vfs-metadata.h) are private and not installed,
  so don't waster your time wrapping them.

Obviously it will take us some time to figure out how gnome-vfs is supposed
to work and how we should wrap it, but we need to start somewhere.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com