Re: Proposed XDG Mime spec and gnome-vfs

Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:

> How do you mean we need a portability layer? As long as the new shared
> mime database has all the types in the current system we should be able to
> change the implementation and everything would just work. Right?

I was mostly concerned about people who install a .mime file currently.
They won't get their mime-type registered until they move to the new
system.  I don't think this is a big problem, but wanted to raise the
issue so that people had a chance to complain if they disagreed.

Thanks,
-Jonathan