Re: [Fwd: Re: #tar chaining]

Em 24 Jan 2003 23:00:34 +0100, Christophe Fergeau <teuf users sourceforge net>
escreveu:

> (I hope the moderator will trash the mail I sent with screenshots
> without paying attention...)

hehe =) shit happens

> Forwarding a mail from Shahms which helped me to get things to work, the
> screenshots were showing nautilus windows whose uris were like:
> file:///path/to/file.zip#zip:/somepath
> and
> file:///path/to/file.tar#tar:/somepath

hmmmm, now we're getting somewhere =D... I am now able to get a segfault
from nautilus, that's something! =)

I found out that I can view the koth-0.7.7 directory if I run nautilus
directly from an xterm, like this:

$ nautilus 'file:///home/kov/download/koth-0.7.7.tar#tar:/koth-0.7.7'

But it segfaults again as soon as I "click" the 'src' directory, which
is inside. Unfortunately it does not generate a core. Anyone aware of
how to debug this sutff?

> I managed to get test-directory to work with similar uris :) (it didn't
> work before because my test archives didn't contain a directory)

At least now I know gnomevfs *is* taking the #tar stuff into account,
let me find where's this code.

[]s!

--
kov debian org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>