From: Shahms King <shahms shahms com>
To: Christophe Fergeau <teuf users sourceforge net>
Subject: Re: #tar chaining
Date: 24 Jan 2003 13:32:05 -0800

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 13:15, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for being a little dumb, but could you give me more details
> describing how to get that to work (I tried but didn't succeed).
> Something like
> * create toto.zip using ...
> * open ... using ...
> would be great :)
> Which version of gnome-vfs are you using btw ? Did you do something
> special to it ?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Well, here's a screenshot I just took using RedHat 8.0 viewing a zip
file of a PHP project I'm working on.  The zipfile was made with
'zip mabel.zip -r mabel'

That URL, btw, only works if you specify something inside the directory,
you can't view the toplevel directory of the zip file.  Also, I did some
more poking around and remembered that it's the gzip: method that
doesn't work, tar works fine (see second screenshot) you just can't see
the toplevel directory.

--
Shahms King <shahms shahms com>