Re: Gnome-VFS access applications?

Hi,

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:08:05 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> There is:
> http://www.hadess.net/files/stuff/gnome-vfs-cli-utils/
> which hadess wrote.

These are just some special commands; not a regular filesystem for any 'legacy'
application. There now exists FUSE-1.0:
	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-fsdevel&m=104573889317445

to provide userspace filesystems access from kernel but as I was not aware of
it before I chose gnome-vfs-2.0-module interface for my userspace filesystem
accessible by URIs:
	file:///dev/sda1#custom-filesystem:/some/path/name

> I don't understande exactly what you want. nautilus or any gnome app that
> supports gnome-vfs should be a good enough interface.

This cannot be considered as full-featured filesystem implementation.

> Interfacing gnome-vfs into the kernel vfs sounds like a horrible idea,
> fraught with races and semantical problems.

I am not aware of much serious problem although I admit there may be some.

If there is no demand for Gnome-VFS chained methods access from kernel I will
reinterface my filesystem for FUSE-1.0 but I still consider
Gnome-VFS-2.0-module interface as nice design.

Regards,
Lace