Re: openssl.pc

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Kang Jeong-Hee wrote:

> Hi.
>
> recent 0.9.7 version of openssl rawhide rpm package contain a .pc file.
> that's a convenient way to include krb5 cflags into gnome-vfs cflags.
> 'cos recent krb5 package has a strange prefix of /usr/kerberos not plain /usr.
> so gnome-vfs does not cover this krb5 prefix and error with not found krb5.h.
>
> the openssl.pc itself is atrificial of redhat, not openssl.org.
> I believe that pkg-config system is really dominant one
> but hard to ask import the .pc into main openssl stream.
>
> so I ask you gnome-vfs team to insert a PKG_CHECK_MODULES
> for openssl before the gnome-vfs-own lines of checking code.
> as we need HAVE_OPENSSL variable defined,
> it's better to remain two main checking for openssl and other gnome modules.

That would be good. Its a low prio for me at the moment though, but
patches gladly accepted.

Also, we need to get the GnuTLS code properly tested and integrated into
the configure checks. At the moment you need to hack configure.in to get
it.

He's a maverick moralistic card sharp from the Mississippi delta. She's a
beautiful cigar-chomping politician married to the Mob. They fight crime!