want to add desktop files to /etc/X11/applnk

Hi

I'd like to add additional menu items by adding desktop files to the on of merge dirs - /etc/X11/applnk. If I just add desktop file with a categories entry like GNOME;Application;System to this dir, the item is also shown in Applications menu and System submenu, but I don't need it in Applications menu. Is it possible to do it without editing vfolder-info file ? Thank you
--
Mr. Roman Rudenko          rr sot com  - tel +372 641 9975
SOT Finnish Software Engineering Ltd.  - fax +372 641 9975