Re: adding new info to GnomeVFSFileInfo

> You already have the information (where this makes sense, e.g. with
> local file access) in the permissions field of GnomeVFSFileInfo.

That's not really interesting, on local files, any limitation in GnomeVFS can generally easily be workarounded with standard glibc function ;) What is needed is a more general approach which is not unix-centric and works for remote locations. The API you suggest will be nice if it works for all uris and not only local ones.

> (Drumroll, please:) "It is on the agenda."

On a "Will be done for GNOME2.2" agenda, or a "Will do that some day" agenda ? If that won't be ready for GNOME2.2, I think some way to know about what we can do with an uri is a must-have for GNOME2.2 (for example what I suggested...)

> You just have to be a bit patient -- after all, I've just returned from
> vacation.

He, sure, getting an answer to one of my mails is already a big satisfaction :)

Christophe