Re: making FAM a required dependency

> 	In addition to the registration bits, I added a 'setPassword',
> 'getPassword' method pair - and a 'doSomething' on the client - so
> people can see how it goes.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about here...

I was reading my local LUG list and we were talking with a guy about
switching his office from Windows to Linux (which it looks like he might
do).  One thing that he mentioned that he didn't like is that when he
mounted a remote file system in user space, he had to re-enter his
password.  He really felt like the system should be remembering it for
him and trying that password first.

I have mixed feelings on this.  While I can see the usability issues, I
don't know if I want the password on my local machine being tried on
various outside sources before I am prompted for a password (seems kinda
scary).  But it seems like if you could restrict the IPs or something of
that nature (so it is only the local net) it would be a useful feature.

Is there some way that GnomeVFS could get the current password from PAM
or something like that?  Perhaps have policies of when to try that
first?  Am I completely insane?  (go ahead and answer that one first)

		Thanks,
			Ted