Re: making FAM a required dependency

Hi,

This is somewhat off-topic, but monitoring discussions are few and far
between :-)

I would like to have a second per-user daemon that is knowledgeable
about gnome-vfs.  This would allow us to have local changes to non-file
vfs methods replicated across the system/desktop.  The progression would
basically be:

application changes foo:///blah
    the foo module notifies the daemon of the change
        the daemon then notifies any listeners of foo:///blah

This is useful for things like ssh, vfolder, smb, or any other
non-local-file method where external changes would otherwise not be
noticed.

-Alex

P.S. - I could see the argument for forking the FAM code and rolling
into this sort of daemon.  The FAM code is old and ill-maintained, and
since it would be wrapped rather tightly with this second daemon, it
might be worth joining the two.