Re: NFS/AFS and is_local

> In this case we are only
> interested in the "I can write to this" which should probably be handled
> by a gnome_vfs_uri_is_writable or something similar.

If you want to know if an URI is writeable, I recently added to
gnome-vfs (ie it is only in gnome-vfs head) an "access-like api" ie in
GnomeVFSFileInfoOptions, you can ask for
GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_GET_ACCESS_RIGHTS. Then, in the GnomeVFSFileInfo
struct, the flag GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FIELDS_ACCESS will be filled in
valid_fields if there are access info available (currently this is only
implemented for ssh and file), and then you can test the permission
field with GNOME_VFS_PERM_ACCESS_WRITABLE to know if the uri is
writable.

Hope that helps,

Christophe