Re: ximian-smb branch merged

On 16 Dec 2002, Diego González wrote:

> > > Hmmm, just tried the new samba method here. When I open smb:// in
> > > Nautilus, I get a "Mipsys" item with no icon, and when I double click on
> > > it I get "This is a Nautilus content view that fails on demand" in the
> > > browsing window. I reinstalled the old method, and when I do the same
> > > thing, I get the list of shares when I double-click on Mipsys :( I
> > > wouldn't be surprised if my setup was broken but that is the kind of
> > > problems that might appear when this new module gets wide testing.
> >
> > The icon requuires latest gnome-icon-theme. I have no idea why you got
> > nautilus-content-loser as the view though. We don't even install that from
> > nautilus since 2.1.3. Could you change it to "View as icons"?
>
> i also have problems: some of the network groups and server doesn't have
> and icon, when i click on them i get: "The Media view encountered an
> error while starting up.". If i click on a workgroup that has the rigth
> icon everything works as expected.

Does this happen with the same groups every time? Any idea what could
make these groups "special"?

> I have gnome-icons-theme from cvs
>
> By the way its awfully slow.

It does do less caching of the workgroup and share enumerations, as this
prohibited refreshes of these (refreshes are not passed down to
gnome-vfs). Actual file operations shouldn't be affected though. What sort
of things do you find slow?

He's a war-weary overambitious gentleman spy on a search for his missing
sister. She's a bloodthirsty streetsmart lawyer with a flame-thrower. They
fight crime!