Re: ximian-smb branch merged

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 14:53, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On 16 Dec 2002, Diego González wrote:

> > > The icon requuires latest gnome-icon-theme. I have no idea why you got
> > > nautilus-content-loser as the view though. We don't even install that from
> > > nautilus since 2.1.3. Could you change it to "View as icons"?
> >
> > i also have problems: some of the network groups and server doesn't have
> > and icon, when i click on them i get: "The Media view encountered an
> > error while starting up.". If i click on a workgroup that has the rigth
> > icon everything works as expected.
>
> Does this happen with the same groups every time? Any idea what could
> make these groups "special"?

i don't remember if it happends with the same workgroups every time. But
there is a friend in the same network, that is also using
gnome-vfs-extras from cvs, this friend get the wrong icons in different
groups.

I don't know what makes them special, but if i go and write the address
in the location bar instead of clicking on the group, i can see the list
of hosts, i don't get any error message.

The properties of all the groups (those whose icon is rigth and those
whose icon is wrong) is the same. The MIME type shown is
application/x-gnome-app-info.

> > I have gnome-icons-theme from cvs
> >
> > By the way its awfully slow.
>
> It does do less caching of the workgroup and share enumerations, as this
> prohibited refreshes of these (refreshes are not passed down to
> gnome-vfs). Actual file operations shouldn't be affected though. What sort
> of things do you find slow?

it varies...when listing workgroups it cvan take from 5 seconds to 30 or
even more (there number of groups varies between 3 and 5).

listing the hosts in the biggest workgroup takes almost 2 minutes, the
host start to show up passed 15 seconds or so, there are 69 hosts, some
of them are shown with the wrong icon.

xsmbrowser is a *lot* faster than nautilus, it taked less than a second
to show all the hosts in the biggest workgroup.

--
Diego González <diego pemas net>