Re: ximian-smb branch merged

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 13:00, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On 16 Dec 2002, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
>

> > > There has been no real development of smb-method HEAD since 2001, and a
> > > lot of people had problems with the old code. I don't think further
> > > delaying bugfixing of it would help anyone.
> > >

> > Hmmm, just tried the new samba method here. When I open smb:// in
> > Nautilus, I get a "Mipsys" item with no icon, and when I double click on
> > it I get "This is a Nautilus content view that fails on demand" in the
> > browsing window. I reinstalled the old method, and when I do the same
> > thing, I get the list of shares when I double-click on Mipsys :( I
> > wouldn't be surprised if my setup was broken but that is the kind of
> > problems that might appear when this new module gets wide testing.
>
> The icon requuires latest gnome-icon-theme. I have no idea why you got
> nautilus-content-loser as the view though. We don't even install that from
> nautilus since 2.1.3. Could you change it to "View as icons"?

i also have problems: some of the network groups and server doesn't have
and icon, when i click on them i get: "The Media view encountered an
error while starting up.". If i click on a workgroup that has the rigth
icon everything works as expected.

I have gnome-icons-theme from cvs

By the way its awfully slow.
--