Re: ximian-smb branch merged

On 16 Dec 2002, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> > There has been no real development of smb-method HEAD since 2001, and a
> > lot of people had problems with the old code. I don't think further
> > delaying bugfixing of it would help anyone.
> >

> Hmmm, just tried the new samba method here. When I open smb:// in
> Nautilus, I get a "Mipsys" item with no icon, and when I double click on
> it I get "This is a Nautilus content view that fails on demand" in the
> browsing window. I reinstalled the old method, and when I do the same
> thing, I get the list of shares when I double-click on Mipsys :( I
> wouldn't be surprised if my setup was broken but that is the kind of
> problems that might appear when this new module gets wide testing.

The icon requuires latest gnome-icon-theme. I have no idea why you got
nautilus-content-loser as the view though. We don't even install that from
nautilus since 2.1.3. Could you change it to "View as icons"?

He's an otherworldly pirate sorceror who hides his scarred face behind a mask.
She's a transdimensional Buddhist former first lady with the soul of a mighty
warrior. They fight crime!