Re: ximian-smb branch merged

On 16 Dec 2002, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> > The icon requuires latest gnome-icon-theme. I have no idea why you got
> > nautilus-content-loser as the view though. We don't even install that from
> > nautilus since 2.1.3. Could you change it to "View as icons"?
>
> I removed libexec/nautilus-content-loser and
> lib/bonobo/servers/...content-loser.server and retried, and this time I
> get the sample nautilus content view, and in the view menu, I only have
> "view as" and "view as sample". When I click "view as", I don't have
> "view as icons" in the following dialog.
> I have been reinstalling gnome 2.1 using jhbuild regularly for quite
> some time now, and since I'm always doing the reinstallation in the same
> prefix without removing it first, I may have some old cruft in my gnome
> installation which causes problems.

This is very strange. Lemme get the details first.
You go to smb:/// and click on a workgroup to get this? Exactly what does
the location bar say when this happens? What does "properties" on the
workgroup in smb:/// show?

For some reason nautilus doesn't seem to be following the .desktop link,
but instead tries to show it. I can't think what may be causing this (and
the old code worked basically the same). What version of nautilus do you
use?

If you want to verify that this is what is happening, try typing
smb://workgroup/ in the location bar (instead of smb:///workgroup that you
probably have now).

He's a leather-clad zombie senator haunted by memories of 'Nam. She's an
orphaned junkie bounty hunter with someone else's memories. They fight crime!