Re: reorganizing documentation

On 15 Dec 2002, Diego González wrote:

> hi
>
> As i'm currently working on the documentation I thougth it would be good
> to reorganize it a bit. I was thinking in ordering the directory and
> file operations into blocks, something like this:
>
> Directory
> 	Basic Directory Ops (creating/removing)
> 	Listing Directory Contents
> 	Locating Standard Directories
>
> File Operations
> 	Basic File Ops (creating/opening/closing/renaming/deleting)
> 	Reading and Writing
> 	Truncating
> 	Getting/Setting info
> 	Asynchronous ops (file control)
> 	Advanced Operations
>
> I think currently there are an applaling number of operations all in the
> category, this separation should make it easier for new developers to
> get started.
>
> what do you think about this? should i go ahead and reorder it?

It sounds fine to me, although some categories (like "truncating") will be
somewhat short.

Also, can you make sure that the metadata chapter explains properly that
is is an unfinished unsupported API. Or maybe even drop it from the docs.

He's an oversexed chivalrous matador with a robot buddy named Sparky. She's a
mentally unstable communist former first lady with only herself to blame. They
fight crime!