Re: ximian-smb branch merged

Hi,

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 12:26, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I did not merge the change from desktop file links to directories, since
> that would mean we are no longer spec-compliant[1].

Which part of the spec does this break?  You can still resolve URLS in
the form of smb://hostname/sharename/path, the addition is only the
ability to resolve smb:///workgroup/hostname/sharename/path in-situ
without being forwarded to the smb://hostname variant via a .desktop
file.

This cleans up the code quite a bit, and would be really nice to get
mainlined.

However looking through the spec, I see that we don't support dotted
hostname -> NT domain mapping, or domain passed in the uri's authmech,
or any of the querystring keywords...

-Alex

--
 on the canvass of life, incompetence is my paintbrush.