Re: [Fwd: gnome-vfs-mime.h should be in gnome-vfs ?]

Hi Bastien,

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 00:06, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Just talked to Anders about it. I need the very simple:
> gnome_vfs_mime_type_from_name() function in freecell (from the
> gnome-games), and this function is only available in gnome-vfs-module,
> not in gnome-vfs.

	Why do you need the mime_type_from_name function ? it's un-reliable,
and only uses extension matching; why not use gnome_vfs_get_mime_type ?
It's more accurate, and hopefully only slightly slower, I can't imagine
what freecell would be needing to do to thousands of files that would
make a perceptible difference there.

	Regards,

		Michael.