Re: Ideas for "extended permissions" (ACLs) in GnomeVFS

Hi,

So on thinking about this more, I really think a permissions system
should be abstracted from gnome-vfs entirely.  We should have a generic
rights/priveledges framework ala Windows.

Having a separate library could enable its use outside of gnome-vfs, and
for things which don't closely fit with the file construct.  Things like
bonobo/corba call-level security, gobject instantiation, gconf settings,
user impersonation, system configuration, windows SMB/NTLM integration,
keyring management, etc.

-Alex

--
 on the canvass of life, incompetence is my paintbrush.