Re: Support for ACLs/non Unix style permissions in gnome-vfs

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 08:11, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 18:16, snickell stanford edu wrote:
> > > with recent exposure to file system ACLs (the betas of our next
> > > release), I thought about what's barring nautilus to handle them as
> >
> > Fantastic! This is on our "TODO" list, but we've all been lazy and
> > slack, and done other things. We had a draft API for this some months
> > back, I'll try to dig that up for you when I get home.
>
> 	It'd be really great to try out the 'gep' process with this; it's the
> sort of level of API addition that people would want to see discussed
> etc.
>
> 	See the 'gep' CVS module,

I dunno Michael, it doesn't seem any more requiring of gep than any
random API change. I thought gep was primarily intended for changes /
features that required a lot of cross-module discussion or give and
take? I hope we're not trying to put every API change through gep, I
think that would slow things down more than it would really be helpful.

-Seth