chnages in the stable release

Hi all,

I have a question regarding patch submission on git. The latest development release of gnome-utils 2.91.93 require GTK+-3.0 which on my ubuntu 10.10 is causing some problem with nautilus. I am new to git and want to submit a patch in baobab to add a new feature to save/open the scan results.  anyway i was wondering if their is any way to submit a patch (to add a feature) on release version rather than development version, so that i dont have to go through the pain to install the new set of dependencies for gnome-utils 2.91.93 and gtk+-3.0.

thanks

--Vinit