Hacking at gnome-screenshot and battling with gtk_clipboard_store ()

Hi

I'm trying to make gnome-screenshot store the screenshot to the
clipboard after the application is closed using gtk_clipboard_store():

 else if (response_id == SCREENSHOT_RESPONSE_COPY)
   {
     GtkClipboard *clipboard;
     GdkPixbuf    *screenshot;

     clipboard = gtk_clipboard_get_for_display
(gtk_widget_get_display (GTK_WIDGET (d)),
                                                GDK_SELECTION_CLIPBOARD);
     screenshot = screenshot_dialog_get_screenshot (dialog);
     gtk_clipboard_set_image (clipboard, screenshot);

     /* Added Code */
     gtk_clipboard_store(clipboard);

   }

But it doesn't work. I searched for a answer but with no luck, references:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-devel-list/2005-August/msg00002.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2006-October/msg00149.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2005-March/msg00224.html

The last url linked to
http://ubuntuguide.org/#keepclipboardinmemorygnome but the url is not
valid any more. I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 and I downloaded the source
using apt-get source gnome-utils and downloaded all the needed
packages from the Ubuntu repositories as well.

My question to you are:

1. Am I doing something wrong, regarding the code?
2. Or Should I have a application on my computer to store the
clipboard, and if so what application do I need?
3. Or is this a bug on Ubuntu or a problem with GTK?

Any response would be appreciated,

---
Ludolph Neethling

Ps. I sent the same message 5 days ago to gnome-utils-list gnome org
but I was not subscribed to the list, so it is awaiting moderation,
tried to cancel it but the mailing list does not allow me to do so.