Re: First weekly status report on GNOME Dictionary

Hi Emmanuele,

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

This is why I was thinking about an "official" dictionary server at gnome.org.

That doesn't sound bad at all- but I really wouldn't know about the amount of bandwidth it would generate, especially considering that non-GNOME clients could use it too.

I could write an extensible system, with or without loadable runtime
modules (I'd prefer without - I'm not a plugin fan); this would allow us
to support various use cases.

Being able to pass the query to a command line utility and capturing the output would probably be enough for the case I described.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen

Stop de Stichting Thuiskopie: www.wegmetdestichting.nl