The future of geyes in gnome-applets...

Jumping right into the gnome-applets Devious Takeover Plan (tm), I noticed
Bug #85677 for adding support for resizing to geyes, as well as Bug
#125586 which mentioned the possiblity of adding SVG support to the
applet. While I wouldn't mind taking it on, I mentioned this on IRC and
(if I recall correctly) Davyd noted that the future of geyes was
uncertain.

So, I'll go ahead and ask the list : Should this applet be upgraded to
support SVG, or should a discussion about the eventual fate of geyes
commence? Either way, I'm hoping that by the end of this release cycle,
geyes won't still be a old fashioned fixed-size applet.

I'd love to ask the same thing about Wanda (Fish), but that's part of
gnome-panel...

-Richard Hoelscher
http://rahga.com/svg/