Re: The future of geyes in gnome-applets...

Richard,

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 14:36 -0500, Richard Hoelscher wrote:
> Jumping right into the gnome-applets Devious Takeover Plan (tm), I noticed
> Bug #85677 for adding support for resizing to geyes, as well as Bug
> #125586 which mentioned the possiblity of adding SVG support to the
> applet. While I wouldn't mind taking it on, I mentioned this on IRC and
> (if I recall correctly) Davyd noted that the future of geyes was
> uncertain.

Basically, it works like this: I don't want to continue shipping applets
that are "unsupported piece of crap" because they don't fit in with my
grand vision of "a completely rocking desktop". After geyes got a new
icon, I started feeling a whole lot better about it ;)

> So, I'll go ahead and ask the list : Should this applet be upgraded to
> support SVG, or should a discussion about the eventual fate of geyes
> commence? Either way, I'm hoping that by the end of this release cycle,
> geyes won't still be a old fashioned fixed-size applet.

I say go for it. If you can stop looking like geyes came out of the
middle ages, I'm perfectly happy to keep shipping it. We've never
claimed to be a professional desktop, so it's always nice to ship an
easter egg or two.

> I'd love to ask the same thing about Wanda (Fish), but that's part of
> gnome-panel...

I can help you sell Wanda to Mark ;) or at least die trying.

Good to see my devious takeover plan is working.

--d

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA