Re: gnome-system-log -- searching

Heya,

On Tue, 2004-26-10 at 18:11 -0400, Vincent Noel wrote:
> Once I get yelp to compile (see bug 156528 ;-)) I'll try to implement this.
> Thanks for the info, I had not noticed that.

That looks to me like maybe your mozilla header files don't match your
library files...
anyhoo, the code is there, and I think something similar will pop up in
edit soon, too.

> By the way, I just committed a large rewrite of gnome-system-log,
> which should make it easier to do things like open multiple windows
> and tabs and stuff. Of course, a large number of bugs must have crept
> in somehow, so testing would be nice.

That's one of the features on my wishlist; a g-s-l window for each open
log. Then we can get all spatial and save the window size and position,
or something.

> Another thing I'd definitely like to see in gnome-system-log is a kind
> of admin-password dialog like in the gnome-system-tools : right now,
> when you launch gnome-system-log as a regular user, you cannot see any
> log. So it's not extremely useful. Perhaps it would make sense to move
> gnome-system-log to the g-s-t eventually (note the common prefix ;-))

I don't know if it would make sense to put g-s-l in g-s-t, since the
current g-s-t utils tend to affect a change on the system. But I'm all
for getting some kinda support for getting the right access levels to
look at a log file, and that would be distro (and possibly per-log?)
dependant.

--
James Bowes <bowes cs dal ca>