Re: [Fwd: en_GB translation of "trash"]

Bruce et. al.,
On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 00:06 +0100, Bruce Cowan wrote:
> Personally, I like "bin", but that has other meanings.
At the risk of bikeshedding - My general preference would be to not
change such user visible things on minor or micro releases, but only on
major releases.  I.e. change on Gnome 1 -> 2 or 2 -> 3 but not on
2.30->2.32.  Small changes, such as this, can have a disproportionate
effect on novice and intermediate users.

As to what exactly to call the waste/recycle/bin thingy, maybe the best
people to ask are the Canonical user design people in London?

Being an en_IE but working in en_GB, I'd personally be happy with the
en_US version name for recycle bin for consistency reasons.

--
Aidan